Puritan PSM156

OK, this component needs a thread of its own.
http://www.puritanaudiolabs.com/products/master-purifiers/psm156/

I've had a number of brands of power conditioner in the house over the years, but this one is something special.  Inserting it cold into a cold system, the improvement was perceptible within the first bar of music.  The sound was somehow more present, the relaxed passages more relaxed, the more forceful passages more forceful.  I ended up turning down the volume a little from where I normally listen.  Sound is definitely superior with the monoblocs plugged into this rather than straight into the wall, as is preamp and CDP.

The good news is that this comes in price-wise under the Audioquest Niagara 3000 and everything above that.

I'd love to have a showdown between the Puritan and the Inakustik AC-3500P but getting the two units in the same room together will be a challenge.

Puritan has been flying largely under the radar in the US, but this unit is most definitely worth checking out.
128x128twoleftears

Showing 1 response by goose

@wtb Now that you have the Puritan you may consider the Puritan ground master city for additional ground improvements.  Regarding ASR, measurements are one thing but actually listening is another.  One of the only measurements I really care about is speaker impedance.  It can cause problems with certain amplifiers that can't handle wild swings or low impedance levels.  Einstein said something to the effect "Not everything that can be counted counts and not everything that counts can be counted".  Trust your ears.