Purifi Class D: Junk?

So, from the previous thread about high-end class D the Purifi module was brought up. I decided to get a cheap example from VTV, a simple stereo unit with a single Purifi module and matching Hypex SMPS. Standard input buffer. I got it in yesterday. First impression wasn't what I was expecting: weak, congested dynamics is what stood out to me. I expected greater expression through my ProAc D30Rs. The other problems such as poor soundstage, thin / boring character, etc, I marked up to needing burn-in before evaluating. So it's been 24 hours, I would still expect to get at least the high control / damping of high end class D and dynamic power, but it's just not present.

Could it be an impedance mismatch? Other manufacturers selling the Purifi with their custom input buffers are reporting 47k Ohms. VTV doesn't say in the manual or on the site. I checked the Purifi data sheet which reports...2.2k Ohms on SE???? That can't be right?? That's absurdly low! Am I reading the right spec? My preamp has an output impedance of 230 Ohms. Can someone confirm that the stock Purifi has this ultra-low input impedance?
madavid0
Class D amps are only current limited by the designer
Show us just one that’s not, and can almost double it’s rms measured wattage from 4ohm to 2ohm. The true indication of not current limiting, like many good A/B bjt amp.

The Purifi module does 400 watts into 4 ohm...and over 500 watts into 2 ohms (25amps)
This is pathetic to show off it’s current ability, some NAD’s can do that current, it’s actually limiting, should read closer to 800w into 2ohms if it were good at current into low impedances.

A 175w- 8ohm Gryphon will do
350w - 4ohm
700w - 2ohm
1600w - 1ohm
9000w - 1/4ohm
NOW this IS an amp that does current without limiting.
Post removed 
You only need the current you need. It does not matter if an amp doubles its current/power down to 2 ohms. All that matters is that it have enough current at 2 ohms to drive a 2 ohm speaker to the volume required. The IceEdge 1200 module puts out 700 watts into 8 ohms, 1200 into 4 ohms and I measured 1000 watts into 2 ohms......so what? Michael Fremer used this amp module on his 2 ohm Wilson Alexx speaker and said it was great in the bass. Of course, if he had a larger room and played way louder then maybe 1000 watts would not be enough......I mean, how many speakers are 2 ohm......not many. Let’s see......Alexx speaker is 91db sensitivity.....and say you are 10 feet back....so that would be around 82db with one watt......10 watts gives 92db and 100 watts gives 102db.....and 1000 watts gives 112db.......I doubt many listen this loud. This is why 500 watts into 2 ohms is plenty for most people and most speakers (most speakers don’t go near 2 ohms).

The Merrill class D amps all double their power down to 2 ohms.....all of them. Most class D amps don’t do this because it costs more money for larger supplies and it is generally not needed. Did you know that the big Parasound Jc1+ amp does not double all the way down to 2 ohms? Stereophile measured 500 watts into 8, 830 into 4 and 1200 into 2 ohms. I guess they should make an even bigger amp to satisfy those that need number doubling.......$16K and no power doubling.....too bad.  The 60 thousand dollar Gryphon amp doubles to 2 ohm....but it only does 700 watts at 2 ohms.....so my $2K IceEdge amp I sold last year will probably play louder than the $60K Gryphon.......doubling does not matter.....only the power you need matters.

doubling does not matter.....only the power you need matters
Tell that to a pair of ML-2 monoblocks 20w only at 8ohm and can double all the way to 1ohm, one of the most magnificent amps you’ll ever hear.
http://www.hifido.co.jp/photo/05/504/50446/c.jpg

You just shot yourself in the foot, listening to you all you need then is one of these Class-D 3000w for only $399aud, that just $313usd!!! get two and bridge them.
https://www.bavasmusic.com.au/behringer-nx3000-power-amplifier-with-smartsense?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqIa...
If you like or need volume, that "pathetic" 20W amp sound quite anemic. So it doubles to 1 ohm. If I have inefficient mainly 8 ohm speakers it will still be anemic. There is no magic in a 160W into 1 ohm amp that halves in power all the way to 8 ohms. 

You shot yourself in the foot with this really idiotic argument. I expect most people are shaking their heads reading it.