psb vs, klipsch.

I'm looking at buying the SF2 synergy speakers from klipsch but a friend is adviseing me to go with psb's insted, There are no psb dealers close and my only exsposure to psb's have been the alpha.I was very impressed with them. if there is someone that could tell me what kind of sound differances I can exspect,it would help a lot. the psb modle that my friend is recomending is the t4. these speakers will double in my theater system
shelleyandgreg3a51

Showing 1 response by 1439bhr

PSB makes a terrific, very musical line of speakers and are great values. I've heard the Image 2T and was impressed: a lot of speaker for the money. You need a subwoofer for any real mid and lower bass, as with any small speaker, of course. As far as choosing on basis of efficiency, that really isn't a relevant issue... you should be able to adjust the volume balance on your surround processor between front, center, surrounds and subwoofer to get the levels right. Timbre matching between the fronts and center speakers is another matter -- it's important that these match so that sounds are realistic and don't change in character as they pan from left to center to right (for example). Picking speakers from a single manufacturer helps, but you can do well audtioning speakers at home, also.