PSB T3 I have not heard better bass from a floor standing/tower, have you? Under $7.5K

Dear all,

Although a long time member of Audiogon I am a relative novice at this so please be gentle with me!:)

I live in Singapore and recently was able to audition the PSB T3 floor standing speakers, when I had gone to the dealers to pick up a new Bluesound Node 2i.

The music I heard coming out of the PSB T3 had the best bass (Tight, punchy and articulate) I have ever heard from a tower speaker. The amp was a not so powerful NAD M10 (class D). Admittedly, it is very likely that the dealers audition room was perhaps well treated for such a bass response. There was no subwoofer playing.The rest of the sound spectrum was also very balanced. Vocals were amazing. The top end was very good, but not perfectly airy. perhaps the only very minor criticism i had.

My question to all of you is: Has anyone heard A/B'ed a tower speaker in under $7.5K range with the PSB T3 that can better the bass of the PSB T3?
charan

Showing 1 response by itzhak1969

The Proac Response DT8 are cost well bellow the PSB are very easy to drive and have huge dynamics and soundstage ,and powerful bass . I am not familiar with better speakers than this Proac's at this price level.