PSB Stratus Goldi vs Paradigm Studio 100 v2

Just thought this would be an interesting thread.

In an exhausting search to find a loudspeaker that could make me happy I made my way to the purchase of a pair of PSB Stratus Goldi's. Along the journey I tried many fine loudspeakers from manufacturers such as B&W, KEF, Energy, Mirage and of course Paradigm. Although I have read many articles comparing the Goldi's to speakers from B&W (including the 802 which I also auditioned), I have yet to read a detailed head-to-head comparison between the 2 Canadian speakers that seem to just beg for comparison.

My findings where that the Goldi's were just much more a refined speaker than the 100, I did enjoy my time with the Paradigm's, but they just didn't seem to match the level of articulation the Goldi's are capable of (please remember, these are MY opinions). The 2 other area's that I found the Goldi's to excel in were bass power and definition, and most important to me, soundstage.

Please don't take my comments in a negative fashion, we all hear differently, I think this thread will be fun if we keep it to our honest opinions.

My system:

Classe Audio CDP.5 CD player
Classe Audio DR-6 preamp
(2) Classe Audio Ten amps bridged
All interconnects and cables are Monster
PSB Stratus Goldi loudspeakers

Fire away...
rjhalla

Showing 1 response by genesis168

The Gold i is a very nice speaker and IMO by far a better speaker than the 100v2.

The Golds have a all the virtues of an expensive speaker but what it lacks is a little finesse in its presentation. Overall an excellent value for money.

BTW, I have owned a pair a few years ago. Good decision.