PSB Imagine T3's?

Anyone out there either own or are familiar with PSB Imagine T3 speakers? Are they higher end in sound quality, or mid-fi? How do they compare with other speakers in the $7500 vicinity?
128x128easola01

Showing 5 responses by james_w514

Just my honest opinion having spent hundreds of hours with them in a treated listening room. They are well balanced speakers and particularly good if you have a multimedia setup. One great pairing that won’t break the bank is with a Lyngdorf TDAI-2170 integrated. T3’s being made in China at that price point is a big turn off for me but plenty of customers bought them when I was selling PSB. If you like the imagine era PSB sound they are an easy choice. The bass can be a bit bloated if you don’t give them room and using the bungs gives it an uneven sound.

One speaker that easily outperformed it at a similar price point is the ATC SCM 40 v.2. Although it doesn’t have the deep bass of T3’s the bass that it does have is fast and perfectly integrated with the mid and tweeter. Double Impact SE’s (I only mention them because I think the standard DI sounds better than T3’s) and a long list of other competitors like Legacy at similar price points can provide you with a different full range sound if PSB isn’t to your tastes. There is certainly more "sophisticated" sound out there. 
@schubert They perform well with symphonic music and every other genre. There was a customer that only listened to symphonic music and after a long demo he went with Spendor (not sure what model) so there might be better options out there. PSB really stepped up their game with T3’s, it’s a shame they didn’t manufacture it in Canada. For comparison we carried Revel F208’s and Focal 948’s at the same time. I’d take T3’s over either one of them If I had to choose. They have a very interesting/enjoyable presentation.
Great speakers for the price but not sure if I’d call them game changers. When they were released I had Synchrony One’s as secondary speakers and wasn’t expecting T3’s to be much better...I was wrong. If you own NAD Masters gear they are a sure thing.
They are great speakers but you absolutely do not have to spend more than $20K to get better. That statement is completely ridiculous.
That's a great all around performer to start your high end journey and it's easy on the ears.