PSB Imagine T3's?

Anyone out there either own or are familiar with PSB Imagine T3 speakers? Are they higher end in sound quality, or mid-fi? How do they compare with other speakers in the $7500 vicinity?
128x128easola01

Showing 5 responses by astewart8944

I seriously considered PSB T3s before going a different direction with my primary system. (I currently own Imagine Ts in a tertiary system.) I second james_w514 on the NAD/PSB pairing. I spent a couple hours listening to PSB T3s driven by a NAD 375BEE and I really liked the presentation for the price point. I wouldn't describe the bass presentation as "bloated" per se, but I would agree to a description of it not being "tight" bass. Importantly, you should not pay $7500 for PSB T3s. They are often offered for sale here for much less. Game changer?...it all depends on the game you are currently playing. Comparison with others in the $7500 bracket? I have heard the speakers james_w514 mentions above and I agree that the PSB T3 is a more enjoyable presentation than the Revel and Focals mentioned. I have not heard the other speakers listed above. 
@chazzy007 I like the idea of all those T3s in a 5.1. I'm sure that sounds really good with the NAD Master--and I'm hoping it sounds even better with the BAT. Please post what you hear when it settles in.  
+1 james_w514  I think you will be pleased with what you hear. The synergy between equipment is important in this hobby. But the good news is you will know what you really like when you hear it. The problem is, as you will find, you will like a lot of what you hear. 
@chazzzy007 Thanks for report. I figured the T3s would sound really good with quality tube amplification. Do you find any noticeable difference in speed between the NAD and BAT?
@chazzzy007 Thanks again for the report and the clarification on my tube assumption. Sounds as if you have a winning pairing on your hands. Congratulations!