PSB Gold , NHT 3.3, Paradigm 100 V2?

I am a casual listener rather than an audiophile. Any opinions on choosing between PSB Stratus Gold, NHT 3.3 and Paradigm Ref. 100V2? Or other speakers in a similar price range? I have Sunfire 300wpc amp and Quicksilver tube pre-amp. The room is about 25 feet by 15 feet.
tishomingodrew5911

Showing 2 responses by sedond

ewe mite wanna also try thiel 3.5's or 3.6's in this price range. they both like lotsa power, but ewe got that covered w/your amp. the 3.5's can be had for $800-$1200, and go down to a real 20hz, thanks to their equalizer. reviewers said they mite be a bit bright, but i think they were yust showing their negative feelings towards the equalizer as a matter of principal. the 3.6's - which go down to 29hz w/o an equalizer - i've seen below $2k now, on the used market. both these speakers throw an amazing soundstage for a full-range floor-stander. both like to be out in the room, but my 3.5's, now in a second system, do a credible yob up against a wall, in a 26x28 room w/a vaulted ceiling, driven by a 35wpc audio innovations integrated amp. doug
hi tish, while i've never heard the nht's or the paradigms, i can't *imagine* choosing the psb's over the thiels. yust my opinion... doug