ps500 shutting down, HOT

I own one of these and never had a problem with heat before, but I recently added a Musical Fidelity tri-vista 21 dac and after about 2 hours of listening, the unit (ps500) goes into it's protective heat shutdown. Also plugged into the unit is a Supratek Cabernet pre, Sony xa-777sa. I plug my amp directly into the wall. I will call ps audio, but I thought I'd check here as well to see if anyone has any thoughts
larryrosen
What is the reading of the Watt. meter? The P500 will shut down when the cont. Watt. usage is above 320W. If the vantilation around the P500 is not adequate, it will shut down sooner.

Good luck.
Post removed 
I had the same problem in the past. The transformer in the unit has gone bad. Email service support at PS Audio. They are very good too! They'll send you another transformer which is plug and play. I was told that the earlier model P-500's had transformers that were defective. I hope this helps.....
EARLY MODELS OF THE PS 500 HAD A PROBLEM WITH SHUTTING DOWN HOT EVEN WHEN NOT OVER DRIVEN . CONTACT PS AUDIO . THEY WILL FIX IT FREE OF CHARGE IF YOU ARE 1ST OWNER. SKIP