PS3 or DVD1800BD

I have a PS3 and I'm wondering if I should "upgrade" to the denon DVD1800BD or it's bigger brothers. The denon Blu ray players don't have wireless so Blu ray live (the online content?) won't work I'm guessing. I'm wondering if bitstream will sound better than the PS3's output (linear PCM). For my taste, the PS3 video looks great on my samsung but I'm wondering if the sound quality will be significantly better. I have a denon 4308ci as my a/v receiver. Any insights would be appreciated.
oinker48

Showing 1 response by pdjmwj

No, do not upgrade. Wait. I was in the same boat and on 1/1/2009 I bought a 2500BTCI. It needs a firmware update to play HellBoy II and several other new movies and the web site will not allow me to download. I called Denon and they confirmed my issue and said they would call me back. Still waiting :(

As far as being better than the PS3, no way. I wanted to see my preamp light up TrueHD so bad. What a let down, the Denon may be a little better in sound but I think it's wishful thinking. Waste of money to buy something else if you own a PS3. I have it networked and use it as a media player also.
More to discover