PS Direct Stream Vs. Lumin X 1 Sound quality difference?

I think I'm going to purchase a Lumin X-1 and sell my PS Direct Steam Dac.
Can anyone share their experience with these 2 products, particularly in sound quality?

ozzy
128x128ozzy
Thanks. I think I will play it @ the DSD 512 for a while then switch back.

ozzy
rossb,
Well I switched back to the native rez and I agree with you.
But man, I am getting some wide open soundstage! I was just playing Get Yer Ya Ya’s  Out- "Sympathy For Devil" and the guitar solo’s are way off to the extremes. And, I have played this tune many times! What an excellent Dac!

ozzy
So Ozzy, can you estimate how much better X1 is now than the Directstream dac?

is it night and day?  Or is it clearly better but not mind blowingly so?
kren0006,
I can’t believe how much fuller and immersive the soundstage is. The surround sounds better than my home theater equipment! Solo’s leap out at you. Again, I say it sounds through the speakers like listening with headphones. It took a while to get to this point compared to the sound the first week, it has improved leaps and bounds since then.

It is truly better, quantitatively 2X or more over the PS Dac. It should though, it costs 2x more! Well worth the extra cost in my opinion. I’m lucky I was able to trade in and sell several pieces of equipment to make the cost difference less painful.

ozzy
Ingresa tu texto ...new owner of lumin x1 i am delighted with the sound i have been burning for about 380 hours, at what time does it stop improving?