PS Direct Stream Vs. Lumin X 1 Sound quality difference?

I think I'm going to purchase a Lumin X-1 and sell my PS Direct Steam Dac.
Can anyone share their experience with these 2 products, particularly in sound quality?

ozzy
128x128ozzy
Hello ozzy,

I use a Lumin D2 in my system and think it's an excellent performer.  I use it with a 20TB Synology NAS and an iPad for wireless control using the Lumin software interface.  I believe the X-1 would perform at least as well as the D-2 and probably even better.
    Sorry, I don't have any experience with the PS Audio Direct Stream.

Tim
noble100,

Thank you so much for your reply.
I am presently using a Bryston BDP-2 with my hard drive attached to it and then to the PS Dac. The Bryston and the hard drive works flawlessly.
The Lumin would stream line my set up. I am hoping the sound quality will be as good or better than the PS Dac.
No way to compare both. So I am trusting the on line reviews (risky) and hoping some Audiogon members can reply.

ozzy
Ozzy - have you considered going with a standalone DAC to give yourself more flexibility?  I feel like the X1 is too much of commitment combining the streaming transport in the same box as the DAC.  I'm sure it sounds fantastic though.
I haven't heard either but I think I remember seeing a post from someone who had owned both and thought the X1 was big step up.  It should be at double the cost, right?

If you search the forum you can probably find it.  Maybe it was in the Bartok v X1 thread, as I'm interested in Bartok and have been following those threads, but I can't remember for sure.
three_easy_payments,

Thanks, I am going to the Lumin to reduce components, cables etc, but I am very much hoping for improved sound quality.

ozzy