PS Direct Stream latest firmware, "Snowmass"

Just installed the latest firmware "Snowmass" that is offered by PS Audio and WOW what a difference in sound quality! Wider, deeper soundstage and with increased dynamics. The sound also has such a purity of sound that I just can’t believe.

Right now it is in Beta testing, the firmware should be available to all others Monday at NO cost!

"It’s the gift that keep’s on giving Rusty".

ozzy
128x128ozzy
I have been using a DS JR for quite some time and have enjoyed it with Huron and then Redcloud. In fact, I recommended this DAC to many, and I bought it new for a great price. I decided to buy the full on DirectStream (Senior) last week at a great Black Friday deal (free bridge and the $2k off the DAC that is on special now). When it arrived I listened with Redcloud as that is what I have been listening to for months with my Jr. WOW WOW WOW, what a jump in performance from the Junior. Much more open, more organic, more analog and never a hint of harshness. I then loaded Snowmass and well, game over. I do not see how it can get better. The sound is incredible. Detailed yet never harsh at all, wide open soundstage, meat on the bone but never thick or mushy. Someone above said it, like listening to a master tape. I am so happy I went with the Directstream Sr, as at $3999 with bridge I can not think of anything that can beat it. I have tried low end dacs, mid range dacs and uber high end dacs. Nothing even has come close to this. Anyone that wants a solid dac with addicting gorgeous sound, that is upgraded by PS Audio every year, take a look at this one. Seriously guys. I think they have them on sale at $2k off through November. If you call around you may get an even better deal as I did.
I saw the $3999 offer on the PS Audio web site but the bridge was another $800 or so extra.  Where did you find it at $3999 including the bridge?  
A lot of dealers have "Make offer" enabled....ordered a new Memory player from one at $3300....think there must be a big reduction from PS Audio , as they are able to give even better prices..
Or.. that means a newer version of the Direct Stream is in the process and dealers are selling off stock.
I hope not.

ozzy