PS Direct Stream latest firmware, "Snowmass"

Just installed the latest firmware "Snowmass" that is offered by PS Audio and WOW what a difference in sound quality! Wider, deeper soundstage and with increased dynamics. The sound also has such a purity of sound that I just can’t believe.

Right now it is in Beta testing, the firmware should be available to all others Monday at NO cost!

"It’s the gift that keep’s on giving Rusty".

ozzy
128x128ozzy

Showing 1 response by jon2020

I don’t own the PS Audio piece, but I have owned some PS Audio stuff in the past, including. DLink DAC that I just revived to good effect to pair with a Bluesound Node2 in a HT System, and I have a healthy respect for the company.  I am also not questioning the perceptions of the OP.  I note, however, that others have made similar posts about PS Audio firmware upgrades here in the recent past, with each new upgrade prompting some comments remarkably similar to the OP.
  So my question: is it really possible that each upgrade is really that much better?  That every few months PS Audio unlocks some new secret of Daiquiri?  Or is it more likely that the upgrades are different, emphasizing different characteristics, and on some people’s systems suddenly hitting a sweet spot that is system dependent?  I’m just curious what PS Audio owners think.  I don’t have an agenda here

+1.