PS Audio Revises Marketing to a Direct Sales Only Model

Discussion on the PS Audio Forum sponsored by PS Audio indicates that over the next 4 months PS Audio will be transitioning to a Direct Sales Only Model.  PS Audio CEO Paul McGowan acknowledged change was coming within the next four months.  Wish the best to PS Audio on the change.  I wonder what the impact will be on dealers currently holding new stock.  The thread on the PS Audio Forum is titled Is - PS Audio Going Direct Sale Only?
weedeewop

Showing 3 responses by kren0006

I skimmed the forum thread at PSA, including the two entries from the CEO.  Nothing in those two entries to indicate prices would drop as result of this move. 

To the contrary, discussion by forum members (not the CEO, however) that the change would lead to elimination of current practice of dealers discounting off msrp, so that real prices consumers see going forward might actually increase for many (ie, back to msrp).
Do Parasound and PS Audio generally compete or market themselves at similar levels of quality / performance, at least in the preamp/amplifier markets?  Don't know a lot about either brand (dealers I've been to don't carry either), serious question, but I see a lot of recommendations on a'gon for both.  Thanks!