PS Audio PWD MkII vs W4S DAC2

Has anyone done a comparo between these two DAC's. Love my W4S Dac2 but if the PWD MkII is a big step up, I might get the itch. Most interested in coax connection; less in USB.

Thanks.

Neal
nglazer

Showing 2 responses by gago1101

Sorry to bring this thread back to life again.
I just got my me pwd ii with bridge. First impression out of the box is that it is inferior to my oppo 95 at least through the coax cable. It has narrower soundstage and seems less extended. Now I am hoping that break in period is required for the Pwd and that the bridge will soound better than coax. Otherwise, I spent all the money only to find out my 2 year old Oppo is better? I am really sweating, in panic and a little upset
After playing a few days and connecting the bridge, I have to say the sound continues to improve and the soundstage has opened up significantly.

Also, I was trying to figure out the best connection for the bridge and integration with my Apple airport extreme. Ps Audio tech told me Apple wi fi bridge more would not work well as they do not support UPNP. I cannot use power-line as it sucks in my house. You cannot use USB wifi adapters either. Finally, I found the NETGEAR Universal Wi-Fi adapter, which is one of the only adapters that act as a bridge and work with Apple. It gets its power from a usb line and provides the ethernet cable out. It works like a charm, and I can stream my 192Khz Flac files at about 6000kbps with no dropouts at all. Pretty satisfied.