PS Audio PP300 works great, but......

Seasons greetings. I hooked up my brand new PP300 last night. If I listen critically and technically, I can clearly state that it does EVERYTHING they say it does. Much blacker background, Much tighter bass, Much greater detail and instrument space. However, even though all of these things are done better than I ever imagined, I find the music to be less involving. Has anybody else had this experience? Will it get better with break-in? I don't want to give up all of these benefits, but I want my musicality back. FYI: Sonic Frontiers T3/P3, BAT VK5i, BAT VK500, Dynaudio Confidence 5.
metaphysics

Showing 2 responses by metaphysics

Kira: When I first turned everything on, the 300 would shut down. However, I think the VK5i takes too much power only from a cold start, i.e. fresh plug in. If I turn on the 5i first with the SF t3 off and the p3 on standby, it all start fine. I think there must be capacitors that need to charge up. This means that I leave the 300 on all the time. Only slightly warm with only the p3 in standby. Also, I notice that in the sine wave mode, the three components draw ~280W while in the multiwave modes, they draw only 180-210W. Not sure why, but it works. Cheers.
Thanks for all the comments. I will post back in a few of days to let everyone know my longer term impressions. Sagger: I'm a detail freak (hence the Dynaudio Confidences)and I definitely hear more detail with the 300. However, it seems that it has gotten too laid back. Also, it is almost as if the musicians and vocals are now playing in isolation. Maybe this is just the "separation". I'm referencing with Mapleshade and Chesky recordings, so they are not overproduced.