PS Audio PP300 works great, but......

Seasons greetings. I hooked up my brand new PP300 last night. If I listen critically and technically, I can clearly state that it does EVERYTHING they say it does. Much blacker background, Much tighter bass, Much greater detail and instrument space. However, even though all of these things are done better than I ever imagined, I find the music to be less involving. Has anybody else had this experience? Will it get better with break-in? I don't want to give up all of these benefits, but I want my musicality back. FYI: Sonic Frontiers T3/P3, BAT VK5i, BAT VK500, Dynaudio Confidence 5.
metaphysics

Showing 1 response by drubin

Sometimes it does seem as if there is such as thing as too clean. too black a background. Musicians should not sound as if they are playing in the vacuum of deep outer space (black though it may be), there should be some sense of the "ether", don't you think, else they sound, as metaphysics says, as if they are playing in isolation (sometimes they are, of course). Yet it can be mighty seductive. I use a P300, but I appreciate that sometimes things sound bit too precious, as someone in these parts once put it.