PS Audio Direct Stream with Bridge II or Aurender N100H

Wondering if anyone has compared the 2 streamers?
I am using the Bridge II (Which sounded a tiny bit better than the Auralic Aries) with my PS Audio Direct Stream DAC. 

The path to the DAC goes as follows:
Computer located in a spare bedroom. Apple imac with outboard Thunderbolt drive containing the music files, Ethernet cable from the mac to the DSL Router/Modem, Ethernet cable from the DSL Router/Modem, to the Bridge II. Using either Roon or JRiver to control the music with an iPad.

My issue/concern is needing to rout the music signal through the DSL modem/router. The modem/router is a component that I would rather not have in the signal path. There are also issues with the poor quality & speed of our internet service. I frequently need to reboot the modem/router which interrupts the music. (Unfortunately this is our only internet option)

The idea of having a dedicated music computer/streamer with local storage like the Aurender N100H which has a built in hard drive is very appealing to me. Problem is the expense...about $2600 for the Aurender.

Would the Aurender sound considerably better than the Bridge II, or does the Bridge II do a good enough job of correcting any upstream network issues that might effect the sound?
traudio

Showing 3 responses by traudio

Thanks, that's what I needed to know.
I realize the N100H does not have a DAC and that's fine as the Direct Stream is a keeper! No plans to change it.

Can you expand a bit on what those sound differences were?
Thanks
Yes, I was aware of that. Maybe they will have it in the future, but at this point, it’s another strike against getting one.
The Bridge works fine and always has. Don't know where you saw me having a problem.