PROTOTYPE FUSES - NEW THREAD

The prototype fuses are breaking in very nicely. Last night's listening session was something very special indeed.

The projected release date is mid-October.

Stay tuned for more information.  

Frank
128x128oregonpapa
Post removed 
elangley01
Objective listening impressions are not scientific.
Sure they are. Objective observations are fundamental to the scientific method.
You can measure an amplifier’s distortion of a given signal.
And so can you! Please share your results if you undertake the effort.
This is why you want to pick your self appointed expert carefully….

Power supply fuses not only protect the house but the power supply. Clipping may or may not take out a fuse.

Effects[edit]Difference between clipped and maximum unclipped waveformsSpectrograph showing the odd-order harmonics of a sine wave pushed into hard clipping

In a transistorized amplifier with hard clipping, the gain of the transistor will be reducing (leading to nonlinear distortion) as the output current increases and the voltage across the transistor reduces close to the saturation voltage (for bipolar transistors), and so "full power" for the purposes of measuring distortion in amplifiers is usually taken as a few percent below clipping.

Because the clipped waveform has more area underneath it than the smaller unclipped waveform, the amplifier produces more power than its rated (sine wave) output when it is clipping. This extra power can damage the loudspeaker. It may cause damage to the amplifier's power supply or simply blow a fuse.

in short, no a fuse does not eliminate clipping but might save the bacon as it happens. The bacon may include your amplifier.
Can anyone explain how fuses affect audio quality?

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sure you pay for a fuse and if YOU don't like it, return it, if you do like it, you keep it.

You have the same information as everyone else, try it and THEN make a statement of facts.. "I liked it", "I returned it", here is the reason OR NOT, that's up to you.. No one here is SELLING you, on anything.. You have to buy it.

BTW they DON'T have to sell it to YOU either.. No matter who you are.

Like I've always said cables and tweaks account for 5-10% of the overall SQ.. I've noticed a difference back to ACME gold fuses 30+ years ago in 12 & 24VDC systems. Good heavy cabling and electrical enhancements like graphite and silver chips mixed with high quality terminal ends and high pressure cold weld. Add it all up, it's quit a treat..

Regards