PROTOTYPE FUSES - NEW THREAD

The prototype fuses are breaking in very nicely. Last night's listening session was something very special indeed.

The projected release date is mid-October.

Stay tuned for more information.  

Frank
128x128oregonpapa
elangley01 ...

"Sounds like a whole lot of placebo effect. No evidence that fuses make any impact on sound quality."

Other than listening for differences, and noting those differences, do you have another way to measure sound quality? Is there a meter that can be used to measure the tonal accuracy of instruments? Are there scientific instruments that can detect the three-dimensionality of a sound stage? Can the personalities and human artifacts presented by vocalists be measured in some way other than through listening? If you have a way of doing so, please post it. Thanks ... 

Placebo effect? Hardly.

Frank
elangley01
No evidence that fuses make any impact on sound quality.
There has actually been quite a bit of evidence regarding fuses and sound quality right in this very thread. You can’t make things like empirical evidence just disappear by pretending they don’t exist.

Observation is a fundamental part of the scientific method. Measurementalists here often shrink from it.
@cleeds,

Not whole lot to gain in trying to reason with flat-earthers like @elangley01. For proof, read up on his responses and you will know :-)

https://forum.audiogon.com/users/elangley01/posts
@oregonpapa Putting two and two together here - so this is likely an SR fuse to be announced in 3 weeks. It'll be a new color I guess for the naming.

I've got a QSA Purple fuse on the way. I've listened to Yellow - it's good, not setting the world on fire, but I found the changes it made subtle, same with the SR Orange.

In my experience, it's been a 10-15% improvement in separation, attack, decay, etc.