Protect LED on McCormack DNA HT1 wont go off

I purchased a Blue Circle BC101 today to use in front of my McCormack HT1. I was doing some switching comparing the amp direct from audio interface vs with preamp. I kept switching the cables without turning the units off(i know.. dumb move, now i've learned). When i plugged the rca's into the soundcard once something weird happened and the amp started cutting out during the bass notes then after a few seconds went into protect mode and hasn't gone off yet. I swapped the amp with a rotel and realized the audio interface did something strange where there was sound coming from the right channel even though the volume was all the way down. I unplugged it and rebooted my computer and now the interface works fine again. But my beloved HT1 doesn't play sound. Is there a place inside to reset it and get it out of protect mode? Or have I done some damage?
poseidon1500

Showing 1 response by poseidon1500

Thanks for the responses.. nice to hear from the designer himself! You are correct, it was a fuse. I didn't originally see it because it was one of the ones buried at the bottom of the board, I had to use a snake light to see it! Quite the use of space inside that chassis. And those fast blow mini fuses are not that easy to find stocked, but a surplus shop came through for me. It was worth the search. The rotel doesn't hold a candle to this amp. Back to enjoying fine sound. Thanks again :) Cheers, Mladen.