Prospectives on Chi-Fi

Putting politics aside this is a good opinion piece and I hope puts some things in prospective. 

https://darko.audio/2023/04/think-made-in-china-is-a-turn-off-think-again/

128x128jeffstrick

We need to watch our own house and not points fingers to distract from that. There are 11 states that want to repeal child labor laws allowing kids as young as 14 to work and one state wants to allow 12 year olds to marry. Would you want your 15 year old daughter to serve alcohol to a bunch of perverts? These people are retrograde in the extreme, all in the name of profits. If the people who want to implement these things accumulate some real power, they’ll make the CCP look like amateurs.

All the best,
Nonoise

Performance: I agree with made well is made well regardless of the city/county/state/country/continent.

Geopolitical: There is a great point to be made for not funding an enemy (or potential enemy or friend of an enemy, etc.). China in particular has eroded the strength of US and ’Western’ allies manufacturing capacity with nefarious practices. ~ from what I hear & read (the impression I’m fed from US government/media). Those lower prices have high costs. Alternately, buying from allies is akin to supporting your own family.

Economic: China (and similar countries) are no different than (North/Central/South) American (and other) immigrants working in the US and sending their earnings home to their native counties - this pulls funds from and weakens the US economy. That money will likely never be returned to US circulation. They are economic leaks that should be plugged. Some call this line of thinking ’isolationist’. Those low wages have high costs - just ask the border states (CA, AZ, TX, NM).

Boils down to this - if you’re saving $ buying products from outside your home country (US or otherwise), you are weakening your country’s economic strength. Essentially taking a loan that your children (or grandchildren) will pay back later.
So it better be worth it - and leave them a nice inheritance to help when the bill comes due.

Funny how some folks only specify audio products not be made in China when there is almost certainly lots of other China made products in their house. The lame excuse of "you can't buy xxxx made in America" as if they couldn't live without that product. Whether it be a TV, microwave, electric shaver, etc, they are okay with that. Come down off your virtue signaling mountain.

More to discover