Proper tracking force for the AT 150 MLX

The Recommended tracking force is .75-1.75, and I was wondering if this sounds accurate. I know with the Denon 110 I had previously it seemed the general consensus was that it should track .50 above the recommended force at 2.50. I usually have my 150 set around 1, and it sounds great, but I seem to have issues with records skipping unlike before. It this due to the lower tracking force?
jmoog08

I paired my 150MLX with a Rega RP1 (significant updates), and it is today my favorite cartridge.  I stopped using it as my daily player because the stylus pipe is so thin it scares me to use it all the time.  I decided to augment the Cartridge with a Vessel A3SV line contact cartridge that is close to the sound of the 150MLX.  Having two turntables seems to be the norm now.

I track mine at 1.3. Not too many skips here, so it tracks very well overall. I maybe should try 1.5 as Audiofiel suggested. I also have the Technics 1210M5G.
Dear Jmoog08: ++++ " I usually have my 150 set around 1, and it sounds great," +++++

IMHO and in order to achieve the best cartridge/tonearm quality performance in your set up certainly the " right " VTF is critical and no one of us can tell you which VTF is optimal in your set up to match not only the cartridge/tonearm expectations but your music/sound reproduction priorities.
So you have to test different VTF values: 1.25, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6,grs, etc, etc. Remember that each time you change the VTF you have to reset the VTA/SRA set up and overhang.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.
The 150 MLX should track flawlessly at 1.5g. This is what I use in my Technics SL-1210M5G which has a very pedestrian tonearm.

If you're having tracking problems, I would check tonearm alignment and/or anti-skating setting.
Dear Jmoog08: Normaly AT recomend cartridge VTF is at the middle of the cartridge's specs on that regards. This means that you can be safe in anyway with 1.25grs. with that cartridge and certainly the cartridge tracking habilities will improve at that setting.

Regards and enjoy the music,
r.
Most likely that's the issue.

I like the following method: start at 1.5g or whatever and go down until tracking issues commence, then raise by a hair. Go slowly. Or, alternatively, since now you like it at 1gr, start there and increase tracking force just until tracking issues cease.

You need a proper scale to do this right and have it be repeatable.