Proper tracking force for the AT 150 MLX

The Recommended tracking force is .75-1.75, and I was wondering if this sounds accurate. I know with the Denon 110 I had previously it seemed the general consensus was that it should track .50 above the recommended force at 2.50. I usually have my 150 set around 1, and it sounds great, but I seem to have issues with records skipping unlike before. It this due to the lower tracking force?
jmoog08

Showing 2 responses by rauliruegas

Dear Jmoog08: Normaly AT recomend cartridge VTF is at the middle of the cartridge's specs on that regards. This means that you can be safe in anyway with 1.25grs. with that cartridge and certainly the cartridge tracking habilities will improve at that setting.

Regards and enjoy the music,
r.
Dear Jmoog08: ++++ " I usually have my 150 set around 1, and it sounds great," +++++

IMHO and in order to achieve the best cartridge/tonearm quality performance in your set up certainly the " right " VTF is critical and no one of us can tell you which VTF is optimal in your set up to match not only the cartridge/tonearm expectations but your music/sound reproduction priorities.
So you have to test different VTF values: 1.25, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6,grs, etc, etc. Remember that each time you change the VTF you have to reset the VTA/SRA set up and overhang.

Regards and enjoy the music,
R.