Proclaim Audioworks DMT-100

I am pretty much an amateur with all of this. Love collecting LPs (listening on a vintage Yamaha rec/turntable) but have never put any significant money into it.

I currently have a chance to pick up a pair of these really cool DMT 100 speakers in like new shape. Price seems pretty good, at least based the on the reading I’ve done, MSRP was around $28,000.

https://www.canadianhifi.com/sites/default/files/product/910/manuals/Proclaim%20DMT-100%20Speaker%20...

I really love the way they look and would be perfect for my place. They also seem to be adaptable to a wide variety of listening environments which also appeals to me.

Anyone with any experience with these speakers? Seems they are not in business anymore, at least that I can see. One of my concerns is potential repair/resale value down the line if they are no longer around.

Anyways, any thoughts on these speakers would be appreciated.

Thanks!
kcloftguy

Showing 1 response by dan6054

kcloftguy the most important thing are the drivers.  
If you can get the drivers you can always fix the speakers if they needed to be fixed.  I'm looking at pics of the speakers and the Woofer and Midrange are definitely Eton drivers.  Eton drivers are easy to get so thats good.   The tweeter i'm not sure about.  I know Eton makes tweeters, so i would definitely find out what tweeter is on these speakers. 
By the way, what color are the speakers.in?