Processor question

Hello all,
    I am considering either a McIntosh MX 123 or an Audio Control Maestro X9. Has anyone heard these processors? Also, do you have a preference of one or the other in a system used for both music and movies?
     Thanks,
           Steven
moag
@millercarbon

My experience after trying a whole slew of these things is there is no way to add a processor without your stereo taking a hit.

Actually, I found a great way.

My power amp has both SE and Balanced inputs that are active at the same time.  I run the front channel pre out from my AVR to the RCA jacks on the power amp, and I run balanced from my stereo preamp to the amp.  When the stereo is active, the HT system is off, which results in no adverse affects to the 2 channel system.  When the HT system is active, the 2 channel preamp is off.

Great stereo, surprisingly good 5.1.2  HT (this is not the main HT system).  This works great without sacrificing any sound quality on the 2 channel system.
I run the front channel pre out from my AVR to the RCA jacks on the power amp, and I run balanced from my stereo preamp to the amp. When the stereo is active, the HT system is off, which results in no adverse affects to the 2 channel system. When the HT system is active, the 2 channel preamp is off.
I would be extremely careful if you do this.  If the amp has switch that allow you to select between RCA and XLR inputs, then great!

If the amp does not have a switch, it is likely that the RCA input is wired directly to the XLR "positive polarity" pin.  You could potentially cause damage on the unused preamp because the voltage is feeding back into the analog output stage of the preamp/processor that is turned off.