Proceed HPA3 / Denon 3803 combo question

I understand that the HPA3 is discontinued and I can pick one up new for $2300 (although I understand you can find them for as low as $1200 somewhere). I've yet to audition the Proceed (it's quite a drive from where I live) but have read nothing but great reviews. I'm considering picking one up to power B&W CDM 7NT's w/ a CNT center. This is mainly for music as I'm satisfied with the Denon's movie performance.

Question:

1) Is the Proceed/Denon combo a waste of time as I'm concerned the Denon's pre section may negate any advantages the HPA brings to the sound.

2) How would you characterize the Proceed's sound? Warm? Detailed? etc. Would you consider it a good match for the B&W's?

I mainly listen to jazz, both classical and modern. Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.
topspeed
HAD A DENON 3803 AND AMP 3 AS A COMBO. SOUND WAS VERY BRIGHT
HAVE B K REF 50 NOW. VERY GOOD MATCH.
Thanks for the info. I've yet to hear a SS match a tube for sweetness but I am glad to hear it leans that way. I listened to a friend's Odyssey Stratos and came away very impressed. He states they were at least the equal of the HPA, if not superior, when he did an A/B comparison. Of course, he's somewhat biased. Any opinions on the Odyssey?
Warm is a relative term. It was warmer than the Bryston I compared it to. Probably not as warm as tubes, though.

BTW, the HPA-3 is being added to the Mark Levinson line. The product will live on. The Amp-5 on the other hand is disappearing.