Problems with Bluesound Vault and PC app finding Node2 that are wireless

Does anyone else have this problem?   My PC is hardwire LAN to the Bluesound Vault2 and the wireless router.   The two Bluesound Node 2's are wireless.   About 50% of the time, the Bluesound App on the PC cannot find one or both of the nodes.    I have the same problem with Roon as well.   It is very frustrating but I don't see anyway out of this.
128x128spatialking

Showing 9 responses by mahler123

Hell, I have problems with my two Nodes dropping off as yours do, and I am totally Ethernet.  I doubt it’s your router.  
I have made multiple calls to customer service over the holiday weeks and they haven’t answered.  I am off tomorrow and will try one last time but I’m ready to move on from Bluesound.  Am thinking of Bryston BDP 2 or 3, since I have a Bryston DAC
I just did the newest update today.  Usually when they offer a new update soon after a previous one it is to fix something that the previous update broke, but this made things worse 
Mine won’t even do factory resets, and I haven’t had a call returned since before XMass.  I am using my Oppo players and Audirvana with my Mac to control my NAS.  I’m done with Bluesound 
I finally called the district sales manager.  My dealer—now out of business—had given me his number when I first bought it and had issues 3 years ago.  I forwarded my emails with Product Support, which stopped abruptly 10 days ago when they didn’t schedule a home phone session with me after I had done all the steps that they required to be granted one.  He was fairly appalled and said he would get back to me
Just finished a 90 minute service call.  Everything for now.  Several interesting findings.
1) Players wouldn’t do factory resets because the latest update was “stuck” within them.  All 3 players had to be force fed the firmware by the tech (Aitei).  The update was for Airplay on the 2i and allowing Alexa, neither of which effects me, but that’s apparently beside the point...they recommended that the players not be grouped during updates, and I had them show me how to do them by usb.
2) My NAS wasn’t being recognized because apparently a previous update from Bluesound changed the settings on the NAS.  They had no idea why or how to prevent this again.
3) my follow up emails were being ignored apparently because they automatically go to the back of the queue.  In other words, when Maya asked, “what time is good for a call” and I answered and hit return,  then it goes to the back.  Apparently you are supposed to answer by starting a whole new email chain and refer to the original ticket number.
fwiw, when I set up my NAS months ago, I hired an IT pro, and we had a conference call with Bluesound to enable us to transfer the Vault contents to the NAS, and he said that Bluesound uses protocols on file sharing that are out of the mainstream IT world.  I would add their method of handling customer emails to that list
Spatial

Did you do the update from usb drives, Ethernet, or WiFi?
That’s really discouraging.
everything seems to be working.  Keeping the fingers crossed.
the tech said they have had a big increase in sales around the holiday and thus they are swamped...makes me wonder if the 2i is having some bugs...