Problem with phono stage

Hello Fellow Audiogoners,

I need help with my Phono stage. It is Lehman Audio Black Cube from Germany.  It was recommended from Simao, a very respected Audiogon member who helped me a lot when I was building my stereo. It costs 450$ brand new which I bought used from this site. Michael Fremer considers it one of the best steals in phono stages. I get a little bit better detail and bass extension BUT it also much noisier. I can hear the pops and any other noises  on the records much more then with the phono stage of my Arcam FMJ 28 which turned out to be a surprisingly good one considering it is an integrated one.
I also switched the cables but the noise is still there.
Is this a common problem with added phono stages as opposed to integrated ones or something is wrong with my phono and needs to be checked.

All help will be greatly appreciated.
Emil

emilm
From the spec sheet the max input on the Lehman is 4.5mV and the Nagaoka outputs 5mV, so the phono stage overloads (distorts) when it encounters clicks on the record.
Hi Chackster,

the question is about the cables that connects phono to pre-amp.
the other cables are with the turntable, vintage Technics 1900 .
Hi Ralph,
Thanks for the advice. Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing. All the time we have been talking is about the cables that connect phono to preamp, correct?
Emil

emilm,Ralph and others were discussing the cables from the tonearm to the Lehman. Not as important from Lehman to your Arcam.
lehmann’s are superbly quiet

it is likely the cable or maybe the loading...

have you double and triple checked your dip switch settings and make sure they are correctly set for mm 47kohms? they can be tricky -- the owner's manual shows diagrams but it can be hard to tell which is up/down as depicted

it might also be the lehmann is providing more gain than your prior phono stage