Problem with NAD 533

I purchased a NAD 533, the seller stated it worked fine, I have no reason to doubt him. However, when I connected everything I got NO SOUND. I know all my connections are ok because I tested my preamp and receiver inputs with a different turntable and I got sound, albeit crappy sound due to a broken B&O mmc4. I took a close look at the wiring from the tonearm (standard REGA RB250) and the blue wire LH earth) was seperated, i gently soldered it to its appropriate connection to the cartridge, and still no sound. Is there anything else, save maybe my ignorance, that would cause no sound. Thanks
salsadj

Showing 1 response by salsadj

I believe the blue wire that was disconnected is a ground wire. I'm thinking there must be something else disconnected somewhere within the tonearm, but I too chicken to take it apart, mostly because I'm a total newb and have no idea what the heck I'm doing. Fortunately I have a friend who works for a hifi store that's a NAD distributor, he's going to send to NAD for me, so I'm without a turntable for a while. I'm thinking of picking up a SOTA Moonbeam since it's in the same price range. Any suggestions. Thanks