Problem with FedEx Ground Shipping?

Does anybody ever have problem with FedEx ground shipping? FedEx ground is little cheaper compared to UPS ground and based on my experience with FedEx, I assume FedEx ground is good too.

However, within the last 2 months, FedEx ground messed up my three packages, two are damaged and one is LOST! And worst is they are not too friendly in handling claim!

Does anyone have the same problem with FedEx ground? I like to know if I am alone or just FedEx ground in my area is bad.
ekl7765

Showing 1 response by 3728slingshot

In the past year and a half FedEx has bought several carriers and made them thier own. Among them was RPS, a ground service - now FedEx Ground. They've repainted the trucks, but in my area little else has changed ... same drivers etc. I've seen packages beat to hell for no apparant reason and I've also seen packages look like they were courier carried. All in all I can't say that they're any worse than UPS. The comment above about the divisions operating as seperate business units is true ... but I gather that the units are moving towards a more centralized approach. My personal favorite and recent find is BAX Global. They offer air and expidited ground services. I ship large and fragile upholstery for our company, and it survives very well on BAX. Previously I had been forced to use Northwest Air Cargo, and provide my own transport to the involved airport terminals. The key is to let the carrier handle the product as few times as possible ...