problem with ear 834p..... HELP

I am confused, baffled, mystified but most of all concerned. I recently replaced tubes in this phono stage and was very happy with the results. however after two nights of listening i put on the new Derrek Trucks band lp and noticed a considerable difference in volume levels between the two channels.figuring it might be a tube issue i was advised to switch the two outside tubes around to verify the problem (sound reduction would change to other channel w/repositioning of tube)alas it didnt help.so i replaced new tubes with the tubes i had in before and everything was fine. So i thought if i replaced each old tube , one by one,. with new tubes i could identify the bad tube. I replaced the rear tube w/ a new one and again had reduced volume in right channel, eureka, problem solved i had found the bad tube, i thought. i replaced that tube with one of the two remaining new tubes and all was fine i had isolated the bad tube. so i put the last of the 3 new tubes in the front position and to my bewilderment I again had a reduction of volume in the right channel. Now what? what is the possibility of being sent two bad tubes by a very reputable dealer..... none. so i switched the two new tubes front to back and there was no change. The volume reduction remained with the right channel.at this point i was even more confused then u must be reading this. so i called the company who i had bought the new tubes from and ordered three new tubes with the agreement that i would send back the old tubes to be checked and compensated for if they were faulty.Fine, very professional, as this company always is.That is where the problem really began. i put the old tubes back in and played an lp & it seemed fine.I took the album off and was replacing it in the sleeve when i heard air coming from both speakers...... not normal.So i completely disengaged phono stage from all equipment and checked cd playback all seems ok there, no escaping air from speakers. My question, what have i freaking done? seeking any and all advice, associated equipment:sota star sapphire turntable with koetsu rosewood cartridge retipped by V D Hul, DK Design VS1 reference Mk 11 integrated amp. Sony scd 77 es cd player and Von Schweikert Vr-4 Gen 111 hse speakers. thanks in advance
frogsglassass

Showing 1 response by uru975

did you see any bright glow on the tubes?
was there any glow in them at all to indicate they were still alive if not well?
New tubes can be affected by shipping hence the usual 60 or 90 limit on a warranty.
Can you even see the tubes in your phono preamp when on.? have not seen yours in operation so do not know.
Do you or an audio friend(fiend?) have access to a tube tester?