Proac Response D40R or D48R

I have the Proac Studio 140MK2 and considering an upgrade to the Response D48R ,Unfortunately I can’t make a demo in my country.
owners or some of you guys who heard the 40/48 can give me your impressions about them ?Is there any differnt between the 40 to the new 48 ? Between the Ribbon version to the dome twitter one ?
itzhak1969

Showing 7 responses by itzhak1969

Thanks JohbbyR

Recently I upgraded my amplification to the McIntosh MC152 / D100 and I do feel that it has a lot of potential that currently is not fulfill with mine 140MK2's  that's why I am considering the D48R I heard some other options at the same level price and even more expensive but
it didn't sound wright to me ,Proac is one of the rare companies that their speakers sound "correct" to me : neutral,natural and engaging without sounding  "artificial"  and trying to impose something that is not exist in the original recordings .

I was a little suspicious about the ribbon twitters , however heard the D20r and found more clarity and agility than the dome twitters. 
My dealer can order what ever I want ribbon or dome version  but unfortunately it's in stock in my country so can't make a demo. 
A new version is on the way the D30S that use the same revised new driver of the D48.
 The D48 must be significant step up from D30 due the extra driver ; deeper bass and more clarity and control in the mid.
No ,the new D48 doesn't come with Proac emblem on the drivers.
The break in period of Proac speakers is very long about 500 hours, I remember that it took me more than half a year for my Studio 148 to open up and perform at their best.
Hi kclone,

Congratulations! 

Please keep us posted once you can I am very curious to find your impressions  about  the D48.

By the way you have a mistake I am thinking about the D48 for upgrade not the D30 .
After 50 hours  approx  it will start to open up and sounds good , The full break in period is about 500 hours then the D48R should really shine at their full potential.