Proac Rake angle?

With the D48r, and my current listening chair, with the speakers perfectly level, my ear is at the top of the surround of the top woofer, instead of tweeter level.  I'm assuming that this is not allowing me to get the best tone and image out of these speakers.  I have some outriggers on the way that will allow me to adjust the rake angle more easily.  But I'm not sure if tilting this speaker back to get the tweeter to fire my ear will actually be completely beneficial.  Would this skew the crossover alignment?  Would I be better off trying to find a chair to get lower? Any experience? 
audiolover718

Showing 3 responses by audiolover718

Thanks everyone for your responses. Williewonka, I emailed proac and Stewart replied and advised not to tilt, and  to get a more ideal seat.  Will do.  On a side note, I will say that these have truly started to sound magical.  FINALLY.  I was worried about them to be quite honest, and thought I had made a mistake with them.  They sound so much better than they did upon first hooking hem up.   For the last 3 days, they've been playing Mahler, so that probably loosened them up right there. It is true, they need 500 hours before you can judge them.  They almost sounded defective at first!  What a difference.  These really do cast a spell on the listener. I'm simply amazed.  With 550 watts Mahler has never sounded so real.  The dynamics and just shear prowess of these speakers is astonishing.  
Listening to these amazing speakers as I type. I've got about 500 hours on them and they are a spectacularly precise, transparent and wholly satisfying speakers.

I tried both biwire mogami 3104 and synergistic research atmosphere level 1 single run.   Honestly, once broken in, I prefer the synergistic to the biwire mogami.  The mogami sounds slightly richer, but I lose transparency, speed and focus when compared to the synergistic.   The synergistic are a whole different ball game.  The synergistic cables create ghosts in the room. The Maggie's hinted at this. The proacs are supernatural in their presentation. They are so transparent, that the mandatory warmup on my preamp is so much more noticeable.   It  doesn't get truly "hallucinogenic" sounding until about 30-45 minutes, but it when you reach that time, it's like an aural thrill.   

Now honestly, I don't know if it's that the speakers don't respond well to biwire with my equipment, which would go against conventional wisdom around here with proac, or that the mogami is just that much worse of a cable than the Synergistic.  But I cannot get the magic focus and coherency with the mogami biwired as I do with the synergistic single run. But at the end of the day, we all must trust our ears, and do what we feel sounds better to US.   If it sounds good to YOU, then it sounds good. Many people swear by biwiring the proacs.   Didn't work out for me, with my given cables.  Many people will also say that higher end single in will out do a mediocre biwire.   

Its amazing that an entry level high end pre like the LS -17 can sound so amazing, but with the dac 8, ds450, and the D48r, it's actually quite stunning.  I can't imagine how bonkers  a ref 5se would sound like to replace it.  Best part?  The sound at low volumes, completely satisfying with full projected images at proper size.  👏 
Replaced replaced the jumper bars since day one.  My shop gave me 4 small scraps of proac cable to use.  Even from day one it was noticeable.  :-)