Proac 1SC vs Dynaudio Focus 140

I am looking to upgrade my current system in my two channel listening room (about 12'x14'), and plan to upgrade my speakers first. Current components are an NAD C372 integrated and Arcam CD73 as the primary source, driving a pair a Paradigm Studio 20's (V1). I am contemplating Proac 1SC's or Dynaudio Focus 140's. I am looking at buying used, and my location will not allow me to demo at home. I have heard both in different stores and have been very impressed with both speakers. My listening tastes lean towards classic rock, contemporary easy listening, and acoustic guitar music.

Has anyone had the chance to do a direct comparison? If so, what would you consider the strengths and weaknesses of each, and which did you prefer ? Also, how much of a step up would these be from my current Paradigm 20's?

I realize my current system will not allow me to take full advantage of what these speakers have to offer, but I have to start somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Mike.
michael5959

Showing 1 response by buconero117

I am partial to the ProAc. I have heard the Dynaudio and it was too 'dry', ProAc being warmer. Maybe since I was using tubes, the interaction leaned to ProAC. I would try both in your system in an A/B test. Both of these speakers have great re-sale value so you could sell off one pair after the determination is made. Nothing short of comparision in your system will really tell you since the room makes a big difference. As others have pointed out, your amp may leave something to be desired, but first see what you like in the speakers. Then move on to change the amp.