priorities-better cables or power conditioning?

Current system; denon 2900, BAT vk30 pre, MF A324 DAC, Odyssey stratos w/cap upgrade and Martin Logan Request for 2 channel. Yamaha rxv 2095/mitsubishi 64" HDTV, paradigm cc350 and monitors for HT. Bat pre p/thru for HT so Odyssey and MLs for front L/R in HT mode. Only conditioning is Monster hts 2000. Monster cables except MIT biwire on logans. All on same dedicated but not heavy duty AC line. Large,well damped room in basement-fully carpeted. Some stridency on higher volumes with music and HDTV via comcast not as sharp as should be, esp sports. Looking for input on best bang for buck-upgrading P/Cs,interconnects to Signal products, or BPT 2+ conditioner, or running separate 20 amp circuit for amp w/hubbell outlets. Audio is 1st priority.
bob_p47

Showing 2 responses by sol322

Bob: Dedicated lines first as Darryl suggests.
BTW You have only one HTS 2000?
In other words what do you have plugged in the Monster?
Bob
I do have a HT 2channel combination, as is your case audio is far more important to me than HT.
I had at one time everything in the HTS including the cable signal and stayed that way for quite a long time.
And then went to dedicated lines, improvement. then amp straight to wall improvement, took out all video out of HTS same result improvement. Then plugged ev direct to wall except video that was put in a separate circuit the best so far. Next ev video will be on HTS.

Just sharing my findings, my AC is not that bad but adding the HTS was an improvement vs no treatment nor dedicated lines.
Just for kicks do you have the HTS directly on the floor or rack? If you want to try an easy tweak put it over cones or any vibration tweak you might have.
I did this trick to a friend's system while listening to a CD: paused the disk, put the cones under (hard floor no carpet) and his jaw dropped.
Luis