Primaluna?

I’m thinking about giving a full tube setup a go and Primaluna in particular.  Looking to hear people’s experiences with Primaluna in general. My main draw to them outside of tubes is there auto bias and protective features.  Wondering if people generally replace a single bad tube or if people are replacing all tubes of that type when there’s a failure.  Also would be interested if there were any other companies with at least a similar protective feature. The auto bias sounds great but the protective features are a bigger deal to me.  

brylandgoodman

We need our audio dealers and they need to make a profit or we wouldn't have any. A reason so much cheap tube gear is out there is because much of it has no return or warranty support. As Kevin mentioned if that's all you can buy that's not his concern doesn't sound elitist to me. But still, any dealer that goes into an open public forum and self promotes will get some grief it's just the way it is and these forums or groups are really not the place for it. You most likely turn off as my buyers as you turn on. 

Yea sorry I got defensive. I was beat tired. Also want to say I do not want to imply ASL or Jolida don’t have U.S. support. I have zero idea. The guy I mentioned bought it used. But calling me elitist is a bit much when our first product in 2003 was a $1300 disruptor. And we keep it as real as we can today.   

I truly believe these low-priced tube products are a great boon to the industry and said that in an interview. They could be a major gift that dealers don’t recognize.

They plant a seed that there is something more fun and better sounding than an Alexa speaker on the counter. It fires the imagination. As people age and their income increases, they might upgrade. It’s always been like that.

Some manufactures don’t agree with me and see it as a threat. I think it’s one of the best things that can happen to our industry and we should be counting our blessings.

The old audiophiles are dying off. I get more young people getting involved with this than I ever would have guessed. And it starts somewhere.

I wouldnt trade places with any hifi manufaturer or dealer, I just wouldnt have the patience. Ralph at Atma-sphere or Kevin at Upscale.

caller: Im looking for a 6wpc SET amplifier to drive my homemade speakers but it must have 12ax7 tubes in the pre section and 12au7’s in the driver stage. I dont mind 12at7’s but I would need input from the designer as to why.

hifi professional: well, where do I begin….

Truth be told, if I could, I would rather be doing that all day. I love that stuff and that’s how Upscale started. Just tubes. If I could sit and bullsh*t I’d be in heaven, and that’s what I want to do by hiring people that know how to run a business and free me. 

I’ve got pallets of vintage gear I want to play with.

Ralph probably has a better temperament than I do on forums. He is the real deal. I can have a relapse and end up in rec.audio.opinion or rec.audio.tubes usenet mode.

I removed most of my posts, and wish nothing but good to all tube-heads. Even if it’s the cheapest all-tube amp on the market, and that’s all you can afford, I’d say go for it.

Tubes can change everything you thought you knew about communicating with music.