Primaluna Tube System

Hi. I am currently running a Primaluna Prologue 3 preamp into a vintage McIntosh solid state amp (MC-2105). I have been wanting to go all tube for a while, and thinking of two possible options.

I have an opportunity to buy a Primaluna Prologue 5 locally for $800 to pair with my Prologue 3. Alternatively, I've thought of selling all my equipment and waiting for an opportunity to buy a used Dialogue Premium integrated amp. What I am wondering is what are the advantages of each option. I have heard great things about the Prologue 3/5 combo. Would I be getting a huge improvement in performance, to justify selling my amp and preamp and the additional cost, by jumping to the Dialogue integrated?

My speakers are Vienna Acoustics Hadyn Grand bookshelf. Many thanks for your suggestions.
md30

Showing 2 responses by awise1961

I had a Prologue 3/5 setup two years back now.
They really opened up once I changed the stock tubes to vintage pieces. The only new issue tubes were Gold Lion KT-77's in the Prologue 5.

Al. Wise
My best results were using either Sylvania or RCA long plate 12BH7A's in place of the 12AU7's and Telefunken's or Bugle Boy's in the 12AX7 slots.I aslo had good results with Raytheon black plate 5963's, but I liked the 12BH7A's the best.
My best new production 12AX7's were the Black Sable cryo treated Sovetek 12AX7LPS tubes from Tubedepot.

Al. Wise