Primaluna opinions wanted

Hello
Happy new year!

Is the Primaluna brand a giant killer in the tube realm,or the flavor of the day and over rated?

Are the buyers mostly new to tube (due to the self bias feature) and tickled with what they hear opposed to the SS they most likey had?

inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks for any comments.
mcgarick

Showing 1 response by jacknorth1178

I have owned Peima Luna 3 preamp and pl 6 amp for a couple of years and have been very pleased with it. I am one of those who mooved from ss to tube. I have not regretted the move. However, those of us who enjoy great mudic are always looking for the ultimate in sound within the range of our resources. I have had a love affair with Mcintosh over the years, and in the last few weeks have been doing a bit of research and evaluation as to whether or not I could improve my sound by going back to Mc. I don't have th facilities to a/b compare. But so far I have gotten the word from those I have talked to who have made the comparison that there is not a great deal of improvement. This is comparing PL with somewhat comparable Mc. This is far from a scientific comparison. But for the price,I don't think you can beat the PL for pewrformance. Happy liatening. J.Notth1178