Primaluna DiaLogue HP Integrated Vs Line Magnetic 845ai

Has anyone compared these models? Both have been heralded by reviewers. Both are said to be well-built and reliable. They're about the same price and supposedly good value for the money. I have Harbeth Super SHL5's, Kimber Kables, and an AVID Sequel Turntable. What do you think? And thanks for taking the time to comment.
128x128neptune123

Showing 1 response by fjn04

Congrats...Certainly different, but WARMER than EL 34? I’m also looking to pair my Harbeth (C7’s) up with an amp. I went on HUG (Harbeth users Group), and Alan narrowed it down to NAD or Dagastino, or simply choose the one with more power. Yes, that was a poke. (-: It’s just very strange to me. I’m thinking 65-70 tube watts...or if solid state, I will likely go 100 watts. My price range is slightly lower than yours. It seems like the 300B (likely not a good choice w/Harbeth) or 845/211 are regarded as elite output tubes. I only have experience with KT 88, EL 34, and most recently 300B. The latter, I use to drive the very efficient High impedance Altec’s. Perhaps I have cornered myself in to going Solid State by purchasing the C7’s. Maybe not a bad thing, but I would like to have the option to go either way. Interesting to me is Quicksilver for tubes, and Belles for SS.