Prima Luna Prologue 2 vs Rotel RB-1572

I have spent the first five years of my retired life building a collection of used vintage solid state gear and I am now ready to try and "move up" in the sound experience by buying new.

I am considering the PL Prologue 2 and the Rotel RB 1572 power amp/RC 1550 preamp.

Cost is a major consideration so I cannot go beyond the $2K
spending point.

My next consideration is carry-in service cuz' I will no longer ship items anywhere for repair. Both these brands meet this need.

My third consideration is quality of sound, simplicity of operation and reliability of use.

I have listened to both product lines in other environments and was impressed.

However I will not be able to upgrade my speakers in the near future, if ever, and I do not know how either of these brands will sound with what I have:

Klipsch RF-35, 8 ohm 98db 1w/1m
Polk Lsi9, 4 ohms, 88db 1w/1m
ADS L880/2, 8 ohms 89db 1w/1m

I am aware that there should be an ideal synergy between the electronics and the speakers, but I do not have a clue whether it exists with either of these amps any my existing speakers.

Can anyone please comment on the PL Prolougue 2 vs Rotel question and how each might perform with my existing speakers and,
...whether the phono card offered by PL for $199 is a worthwhile purchase.

Many thanks
treehugger

Showing 1 response by synthfreek

And the phono stage is well worth the $199. I lived with it for 2 years before I moved up. I have Cornwalls.