Prima Luna Dialogue series, is it worth the money?

I was trying to decide between the Prima Luna Prologue Premium integrated, and the Prima Luna Dialog 1, or 2. Has anyone compared these two series of integrated amps. I'm just trying to decide, if it's worth spending the extra money to get the Dialogue. What are the sonic differences? Thank you.
128x128comedychief

Showing 2 responses by davide256

I have the Prima Luna Prologue premium... reviews on it are pretty accurate... plays best at moderate to loud volumes and a little bass shy at the bottom if you use the integrated pre section. These go away if you use a better pre with the home theater input (pre bypass) and subbing 12AT7 for 12AU7 in front socket does help improve dynamic separation. Reviews on the Dialogue all talk to deeper bass and black space... if you have source and speakers of equal quality I wouldn't hesitate. Do upgrade to NOS tubes and better power tubes... the stock PL tubes are pleasant but a little grainy in sound and not detailed.
prima luna has announced that they support KT-120 in all their KT-88 compatible amps now. Got mine yesterday and after a few hours of rocky break in they proved wonderful for bass slam and dynamic openness. Don't think I'm putting the KT-88's back in anytime soon