previous generation audio lover requesting new tech needs advice

I used to listen to CDs but now am moving from the country and want to convert all my Cds to Flac. What equipment would I need to listen to the music from these files? Just so I can easily understand, from my following set up what do I not need, what should I keep and what else should I buy in order to be able to listen to these FLAC files? (Sorry for typos in the heading - no way to correct it once posted, but I hope you understood what I meant)

My current equipment;

Wadia 270 CD Player
Wadia 27 DAC
Krell KRC 3 Preamp
Krell FPB 250M Mono Amps
Totem Mani speakers

Would like to go with a little above entry level equipment - Reducing toys at this stage of my life.
arun3101

Showing 1 response by arun3101

Thanks for the info: I have a few questions:

My DAC does not have a USB connection. It has Inputs: two ST-type glass-fiber optical, two coaxial S/PDIF on BNC jacks, AES/EBU, TosLink optical. Outputs: balanced on XLR jacks, single-ended on RCA jacks

1) Are there adapters that can connect to the DAC on one end and the computer on the other?

2) I have a PC. I have about 400/500 Cds to convert. Thinking of FLAC files. What is the best way to convert so that I can have a library from which it is easy to search for a song by a given composer and conductor etc?

3) Cd player is something I can safely get rid of if I am not going to carry all these CDs abroad. correct?

4) Is there any device that can serve as a DAC and also as an amplifier that can connect to speakers?