Precision Aqueous Cleaning of Vinyl Records

FYI, I have previously posted a bit of information on cleaning, and I have now complied that and much more into a paper titled “Precision Aqueous Cleaning of Vinyl Records”. Bill Hart of The Vinyl Press https://thevinylpress.com/ who has a keen interest in cleaning vinyl records is hosting the paper. He has written an article on the paper that captures it better than I could, and a link to the article that has the free-download load option for the paper (85 pages) is here: https://thevinylpress.com/precision-aqueous-cleaning-of-vinyl-records/ . If you have not been to his site, check-it out, there is a lot of good info, and its well written. While at his site, check out the about-tab and then scroll down and click on System-Notes-Austin-2017. He has a pretty impressive system and near the end shows quite a ‘cleaning station’; using both a Keith Monks vacuum-RCM and KL Audio UCM.

Best Regards and Stay Well,

Neil

antinn

@pryso,

There is a left hand drop-down Table of Contents and clicking (touching if you have a touch screen) on any Chapter will link you to the applicable Chapter.  Otherwise the document is extensively cross-linked so if you click on any  referenced Chapter, Figure, paragraph or Table it will take you to the referenced item.  

@antinn 

Neil, thanks for the prompt reply.  However I don't see a left hand drop-down for the Table of Contents.  I use Safari on my iMac.  Left or right clicking does not bring it up.  Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

@pryso,

Open the document with Adobe PDF Reader.  You should have an option to open the document (right click OPEN with) with the web browser or open with Adobe PDF Reader.  There should be a free app Adobe PDF Reader for MACs. 

@antinn 

I was able to switch from Safari to Firefox and open your document.  There I was able to find Chapter and Appendix links.  Thanks

More drum beating on denatured alcohol. It is just ridiculous to use it or any product that contains it, for record cleaning when anyone can buy nearly pure propanol or isopropanol for this purpose. Not only does denatured alcohol contain up to 10% methanol, a poison, but it also may contain more than one other constituent that may damage LPs. I advise anyone who doubts me to read the wiki entry on denatured alcohol. If one insists on using it, wear gloves that are impervious to methanol. It can be absorbed through the skin.