Preamp with phono stage for under $1000

Looking for a preamp with a phono stage for under $1000 and was curious what everbody thought. Would like one with an IEC jack to try different power cords with. Was considering the Emotiva USP-1 and NAD C-165 BEE just to name a couple.
Thanks. Bob
bobgates

Showing 9 responses by bobgates

I thought about an ARC SP9, SP14 and even earlier C-J preamps . Should have mentioned though that besides an IEC I was looking for something that had remote volume.
Adam18 - I noticed the Rogue Audio Metis was The Absolute Sound's least expensive preamp pick in the most recent issue. Looks like a nice unit.
Armstrod - I like the Jolida Envoy about the best of all the preamps brought up so far. Just saw a used one a few weeks ago down at a store in Indianapolis where I had purchased some used Dynaudio speakers. Should have gotten it; probably gone by now. Thanks.
So nobody likes the NAD C-165 BEE? It is in the price range and has all the features I'm looking for like IEC plug and remote volume. Also can just leave it on and don't have to mess with tubes.
Well I've settled on a Musical Fidelity preamp. It's within the price range and has an IEC plug, phono stage and remote volume.
Thanks Adam18 and also thanks to everyone else who answered my post; very much appreciated. I'm looking forward to listening to the Musical Fidelity A308 preamp.
Thanks Dogmecd - I had the Audible Illusions years ago; one channel (the one nearest the power supply) was always noisier than the other channel and I was never able to cure the problem even after changing out the tubes. Always thought the ARC preamps overall sounded better. Never tried the Klyne; that may be worth checking out. Thanks.