Preamp with a DNA-1, tube or SS?

I´m on the look-out for a new preamp, my poweramp is a McCormack DNA-1 dlx. Would it be better to go for a tube preamp? (like ARC, VTL) Speakers are Magnepan 3.6´s. I´d appreciate your help. Hasse
hasse

Showing 3 responses by kleiman421

I also have a DNA-1 Deluxe and a Modulus 3A with it. Nothing but praise for the combo.
Hi,Lihifiguy. Actually, my DNA-1 Deluxe is scheduled with SMC Audio for the upgrade. I was going to do the Revision A upgrade, but Steve has recently come up with what he calls a Revision A Gold upgrade. It's over double the cost, but I've waited a while to upgrade the amp and don't want to keep sending it back so I'm going for it. Look for posts about a month and a half from now.
Mettef, Another plus for the AI Modulus 3A is that it has a great phono stage. If you're into vinyl, it's worth giving it a listen. Lihifiguy,I'll be glad to let you know how upgrade works out. Kris, at SMc Audio assured me that the Gold is a major improvement so I'm putting my trust in them since they're just starting to do this upgrade and their reputation is excellent. I'm not having the balanced inputs done since the Mod 3A does not have balanced outputs.