Preamp w/ a budget of $2000

Hi All, 

I'm looking to replace my NAD preamp. It is now the weak link in my system. I would like to keep the budget to 2K or less. Requirements: Pre out or sub out, MM phono section, and a remote.

Associated equipment:
Amps: Anthem MCA 20, Red Dragon M-100 monoblocks
Sources: Bluesound node 2, TV, ProJect Debut Carbon
Speaker(s): I do a lot of switching out- Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S, Gallo 3.1 reference, MMGs, Green Mountain Audio Continuum I, DIY Nola Brio Trio Clones
Subs: Paradigm Monitor Sub 12" x2, REL T-7 x 2
Cables: Anticable IC's throughout, Anticable Speaker wire, Audio Magic Speaker cable

I am a detail freak and tend to like my sound towards the more clinical side of things. Of course imaging, soundstage depth/width, and image focus are important. I listen to a lot of Jazz and recently a fair bit of electronic as well. 

Any and all advice or direction would be appreciated. 

Best- Ben
128x128birdfan

Showing 1 response by maine95

Ben,
+1 for  Shubert's input on Van Alstine equipment.

I'm running a Transcendence 10 tube pre into their Synergy 240 ss amp out to a pair of MMGs with the full Gunn Mod and one DWM panel. I also use Anticables for speaker wire as well as  most of my ICs. The T10, with the Vision MM and MC phono section, plus the remote would be in your budget with a couple hundred bucks left for more music. It also has the two sets of outputs you are looking for. The pre has great detail and imaging over a silent background and a solid bass presentation with some punch.  A pair of 6dj8 tubes are standard. I have not rolled other tubes yet but 6N1P and 6CG7 in pairs, are interchangeable and would give you a range of "tubiness".
I hate to sound like a cheerleader but you also have to love fact that Frank (Van Alstine) is nearly always available to answer questions and has a great staff.