preamp upgrade suggestion around $2000

Hi,

I am looking to upgrade my preamp.  I am currently using a Luxkit A3300 preamp.  Other components are:
Naim Uniti Serve streamer
Musical Paradise MP-D2 DAC
Otomon Lab custom build 300B amp
Spatial Audio X5 speakers

I am looking for a tube linestage between $2000-$3000.  From several years ago, I read good things about the following:

Cary SLP98
Modwright SWL 9.0 SE
Supratek Chardonnay
And more recent ones with good reviews:

Coincident Statement LineStage
Linear Tube Audio MZ2/MZ3
Don Sachs Model 2 preamp
I have three questions:

1) Is there other models I should consider?  
2) are those in the first group still good options since they are older models?  3) anyone have experience in them and can do some comparisons?

gte357s
Thanks for the replies.  I will check out the deHavilland.

@ozzy62 abour Cary SLP98, I got similar experience on their 300B integrated amp as well.  It sound very lush and warm as you said.  I compared it to my custom built 300B and I like the custom built better because it sounds more musical.  Then I took it to a friend’s place and try it on his JBL 4344, and compared to the Solphia Electric 300B mono block, and we both like the Cary better.  It is so lush and warm and thick that makes the Sophia sound thin in comparison.  So, yes, synergy is the key.  
I got the same result with a SLI-80 signature integrated. Very smooth and non fatiguing, but ultimately boring. Not much resolution.

Oz

Post removed 
I am seriously thinking about it, have been reading reviews since afternoon.  Is that the first generation?  The wiring inside seems not very tidy.

Any idea how’s the sound compared to others such as LTA MZ3 or Modwright?  From what I read, it has a different sound compared to others because it uses a larger power type 85 tube.  Most preamp use 6SN7 and 12AX7 family.  My 300b has 4 x 6SN7 already.  So, I feel it is a good idea to mix a different tube in the chain, rather than adding more 6SN7.