Preamp to match Rogue Audio Stereo 100 Power Amp?

Long story, but I have to rebuild my stereo system, but for my Raga Planar 8 turntable and Spendor 1/2 speakers. Having listened to a lot of amps and now, because of social distancing, having to make a decision based strictly on what I have hears and can afford, I've decided to go with a Rogue Audio Stereo 100 power amplifier. My experience of it is that it has a well-balanced sound that doesn't roll off on the top end, has a solid, nuanced midrange and, with a sub, responds extremely well on the bass end. Sound stage good, timbre good and it meets that midpoint between its approaching me and my approaching it, i.e., it's engaging.

My issue is that I need to find a preamp that would go well with the Rogue technically and, as importantly, sonically. Ideally, I think, I'd like a non-tube preamp that will not to reduce the Rogue's silent floor and that passes on to it as non-colored a signal as possible. (I know, it's extremely subjective.) Overall, from the system I need to hear the material components of pianos, guitars, violins and woodwinds; the voice of a soprano through an orchestra; and the natural tangs of cymbals, triangles, fifes and whistles (I love Frank Zappa) without electronic dullness or iciness.

I will take any and all suggestions. As you can tell, brothers and sisters, I'm not a techy - I simply love music; everything from opera and chamber music to jazz, rock and world music.

128x128jimkiely
I run the RP-1 with Class D amplification.  Might someday try the Stereo 100
Another recommendation for a Rogue preamp. I have a RP-5 which I use with the Rogue ST-100 and a Pass XA-25. Works wonderfully with both. Like others have mentioned, the sound can be tweaked by swapping the preamp tubes.
I have the Rogue stereo 100 and the Rogue RP-7 preamp.  Very nice and highly recommended.  I have noted that the interconnect cables between the two, and even the power cable can make a difference.   I did swap the original preamp tubes for telefunken with a significant improvement (for my ears and taste) in instrumental timbre, articulation, etc. but this is something you tune to your particular taste.  Mark at Rogue is very helpful in this regard and will suggest tubes to match your musical taste.
FYI the rogue rh 5 is extremely fast and has excellent drive.  the stereophile review mentions this and my use confirms their findings.  
One element I don't want the Rogue amp to lose it its fleetness. My lack of technical acumen comes in at this point, for I'm thinking that a solid state preamp might serve that end better than a tube preamp. If I'm wrong, I surely don't have an issue with being told so.
@jimkiely  OK :) you're being told so.

A good tube preamp is not slow. It might not be as bright as a solid state preamp; the brightness isn't caused by frequency response as it is distortion (higher ordered harmonics which the ear interprets as brightness). No loss of detail either, if anything IME the other way around!
I have the Stereo 100 amp and really like it.  I use the Rogue Audio RH-5 which is a headphone amp as well as a high quality linestage.  It is a Stereophile class A linestage / headphone amp ($2500 no phono stage, $2900 with phono).    
I was planning on going with the Rogue RP-5 preamp ($3500) but it does not have balanced XLR style connections.  
The RH-5 does have balanced connections and the sound is much more dynamic with them connecting to the Stereo 100.  
I recommend that you do use the balanced connections for the Stereo 100.  
Other than the RH-5, the next step up linestage with balanced connections is the RP-7, which costs more than I was planning on spending ($5000) .
The RH-5 / Stereo 100 combo sounds excellent.  
The Rogue RP5 is a wonderful match for the Stereo 100.  Another brilliant option (if you can find one) is the Ayre K-5xeMP.  It has been discontinued for a bit but both work quite well with that power amp.  

I have owned Rogue power amps (still have a hydra) which is more finicky than the Stereo 100 in terms of preamp.  
Good question. It makes sense. One element I don't want the Rogue amp to lose it its fleetness. My lack of technical acumen comes in at this point, for I'm thinking that a solid state preamp might serve that end better than a tube preamp. If I'm wrong, I surely don't have an issue with being told so.